Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday...time for Happy Hour!

On Friday nights, I hang out with my neighbors.  It's called Royal Place Happy Hour (our street is Royal Place), and it is often the highlight of my week.  The whole crew consists of 8 adults and 10 kids, and we all love being together.  The adults drink wine and chat while the kids just have fun and play together.  We rotate houses and also rotate who pays for the pizza.  We all appreciate and enjoy this time together, and we have all admitted that we consciously avoid making other plans on Fridays for fear of missing Royal Place Happy Hour.  Last year my kindergartner even told her teacher she was excited to go home from school because it was time for happy hour.

I feel so lucky to have found this amazing group of people.  We vacation together, help out with each other's kids, and there is even a Royal Place calendar!  Being surrounded by people who love and support me is something that I find truly fulfilling, so I am so grateful to have all of these people right on my street, and I never want to move.  So cheers to Friday, to amazing neighbors and friends, and to Royal Place.

Pictured: Royal Place kids eating pizza.  Yes...we make them eat on the floor.  They are kids; they don't care.


3 comments:

  1. It is great to have a welcome arrangement for unwinding after a packed week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That your kindergartener told the teacher she can't wait to go home from school for happy hour has me laughing out loud. Priceless! What a great group and thing to look forward to, that happy togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love this! It's so precious to have friends who feel like family; even better when they're neighbors! That picture of the kids too! so cute!

    ReplyDelete